Trees, ferns, deer

Retreat Center Rules

Know before you go!

Application and use permit

A use permit is required for use of any retreat center. Request a reservation by emailing a completed Reservation Request Form (PDF 175KB) to Requests are not accepted by phone. Reservations may be requested one year in advance of arrival date. 

Application must be signed and initialed by the user group's representative and returned with the deposit within 20 days of booking,unless otherwise specified on contract. Permits are non-transferable. The use permit is revocable for failure to adhere to all rules, regulations and standards.


A permit is required for alcohol consumption at retreat centers. Permits may be obtained, free of charge, through the retreat center reservation office. Application must be completed and mailed to the park at least 15 days prior to arrival.

Events that have alcohol may not be open to the public and liquor may not be sold. See additional rules on permit form for details. This permit is revocable for failure to adhere to rules, regulations and standards.


An archery permit can be requested for Camp Moran, Camp Wooten, Cornet Bay and Puffer Butte retreat centers. Archery permits may be obtained, free of charge, through the retreat center reservation office; however, insurance is required.

Complete applications and proof of insurance must be mailed to the park at least 15 days prior to arrival. This permit is revocable for failure to follow rules, regulations and standards.

Arrival and departure times 

The arrival time shown on the reservation is your official scheduled arrival time. Any changes must be approved in advance with the Retreat Center Program and require a modified contract is confirmation of this request. Additional charges may apply. Changes made without prior approval are not guaranteed.

On the date of arrival, if you anticipate being more than one hour later of your specified time, due to unforeseen circumstances, you must contact the park directly for arrangements. Failure to do so will result in a $50 fee.

The entire group and all personal items must be ready to go at the specified departure time unless alternate times have been agreed upon by park staff. Failure to do so may result in additional fees.


Facilities must always be kept clean and orderly.

Before checking out, all facilities must be cleaned according to check-out instructions. Cleaning includes, but is not limited to, sweeping and mopping, cleaning appliances and dishes, wiping tables and counters and taking out garbage/recycle.

The group’s designated representative is responsible for confirming with park staff regarding cleaning and check-out procedures.

Daily attendance

Daily attendance must be recorded by the group’s representative. This includes guests staying in RVs or tents and day-users. Your group may have less than the minimum occupancy; however, minimum fees still apply.

Damage and accidents

Group is liable for damage or loss of State Park property as a result of use that is in excess of normal wear and tear.

Groups may not alter or damage facilities or natural features, including trees and plant life. The group’s designated representative shall advise park staff immediately of any damage to the facility or grounds.

Discover Pass

A Discover Pass is not required for overnight guests. Day-use only guests must display a Discover Pass in each vehicle. Discover Passes can be purchased at the park.

Health and safety standards

Group shall comply with all applicable health and safety standards.  

The group’s designated representative shall advise park staff immediately of any injuries.

Electrical appliances

Except with permission from park staff, electric appliances, other than those provided, are not allowed. 

Facility use

Groups may not exceed the rated occupancy capacities of the facility without prior approval from park staff. Park staff may restrict the use of buildings or areas to protect the health and safety of the group.

Group representative

A designated group representative must always be present at the facility. The group representative is responsible for the group. 

Kitchen use 

Facility includes full-service kitchen with most necessary equipment to prepare and serve meals. We do not offer catering services; however, groups may hire a catering service.

Motor vehicles

Except with permission from park staff, motor vehicles may be driven in authorized areas only and must park in designated areas. 

Outdoor fires

Fires are permitted in designated areas only, provided no burn restrictions are in effect. Do not leave your fire unattended. 


Deposits are due within 14 days of making your reservation. The deposit includes a non-refundable reservation fee and is applied to your final invoice.

The remaining balance is due at check out. Payment is accepted in cash, check, money order, purchase order or credit card. State Parks accepts Visa and Mastercard only.

New reservations will not be accepted until all balances have been paid in full.

Personal items

Washington State Parks is not responsible for any personal items left at the facility. Please label all personal items (knives, recreational equipment, etc.) so they don't get confused with park property. 


Pets are allowed at retreat centers with the following rules:

  • All pets must be kept under physical control, on a leash no greater than 8 feet in length, or otherwise physically restrained, at all times while in a state park area.
  • Groups must clean up after pets and properly dispose of waste. Except with permission from park staff, pets are not allowed in facility buildings. Service animals are permitted. 
  • No pets are allowed at Millersylvania Retreat Center.

Quiet hours

Quite hours are between 10 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. Except with permission from park staff, no use of sound-emitting equipment will be allowed at a volume which emits sound beyond the immediate area of use at any time.


No smoking, firearms or fireworks.

RVs and tents

RVs and tents are only allowed at certain facilities.  Please inquire with Program Staff when booking. Individuals staying in RVs or tents will be charged the standard overnight rate. 

Sale of goods

Sale of food or merchandise is not allowed without a Commercial Use Permit. For more information, visit the Commercial Use Permit webpage or call (360) 902-8593.


Contact Us

Name Retreat Center Program
Phone (360) 902-8600