Lifetime Disabled Veteran Pass
Lifetime DISABLED VETERAN PASS
Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission offers the Lifetime Disabled Veteran pass to Washington state residents who are veterans with 30% or greater service-connected disabilities.
Benefits of the pass include:
- Free entry to state parks.
The Disability pass does not take the place of a Discover Pass. It will not be accepted in lands managed by Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife or Department of Natural Resources.
How to apply
Submit proof of Washington State residency
Note: We can not accept a Washington State driver license with a “military” expiration if it has been more than 90-day since you separated from active duty. That driver license is no longer valid. Please contact the Department of Licensing to renew your license before applying for this pass.
Submit proof of disability
Proof of your service connected disability is required. We can accept a letter from the VA, on official letterhead, that states your combined service connected disability rating of 30% or greater.
We will not accept your DD-214, the identification card issued by the VA Health Care system or a Retired Military Identification card.
Do not submit original documents.
Washington State parks Discount Pass Rules and expectations
Pass holder expectations:
- Do not alter or make copies of your pass. Never share your pass or pass number with others.
- Pass holders will be charged $15 to replace lost, stolen, or damaged passes.
- The pass does not provide discounts on annual permits, extra vehicle fees, roofed shelters, group camps or other services, except as noted.
- The pass cannot be used with any other pass or discount.
- The pass holder must cancel reservations if unable to use them.
- The pass holder must be camping and present at the site to receive a discount.
- The pass is only valid for the person it is issued to. The pass must be valid and physically with you during your visit. Be prepared to provide photo ID.
- All camping discounts and associated benefits are limited to the site the pass holder is camping in. Discounts and fee reductions are limited to 1 campsite or moorage site per night.
- Do not make duplicate or multiple reservations for the same night. Including double sites.
- Camping is limited to 10 consecutive nights at any single park from April 1 through Sept. 30, and 20 consecutive nights the rest of the year.
- Moorage is limited to three consecutive nights at any single park.
- Pass holders are expected to treat park staff with respect, always follow park rules and staff guidance.
Violations of these rules, or any other park rules, may result in pass benefit suspension or revocation. Must surrender pass upon request.