Dogs pulling sled along snowy trail

Sno-Park Permits

A Sno-Park permit grants access to any of the 120+ winter recreation sites maintained by the Winter Recreation program across the state.

Parking at a Sno-Park requires at least one type of permit for your vehicle. You will need either a one-day or seasonal permit and possibly a special groomed trails permit.

Please note that Washington Sno-Park permits are no longer accepted in California, Oregon, and Idaho. To find out about Oregon Snow Park sites, contact the Oregon Department of Transportation at (503) 986-3006. For information on Idaho Park-n-Ski lots, call Idaho Parks and Recreation at (208) 334-4199.

Types of permits

There are three types of permits: one-day, seasonal, and special groomed trails permits. Sno-Park permits may be purchased online between November 1 and April 30.

One-day permit

The one-day permit is honored until midnight of the date written on the permit for parking at all Sno-Parks, including designated special groomed trail areas.

Seasonal permit

The seasonal permit is non-transferable between vehicles. Many Sno-Parks require only a seasonal permit for season parking.  

Special-Groomed Trail permit

Some Sno-Parks receive special grooming attention and require both the seasonal permit and the special groomed trail permit.  This permit is required at the following Sno-Parks:

Cabin Creek Lake Easton
Chiwawa Lake Wenatchee
Crystal Springs Mount Spokane
Hyak Nason Ridge

Permit purchasing

Sno-Park permits are available beginning November 1 through April 30 either online or by purchasing it from one of many permit vendor locations. 

Sno-Park permits fees:

Permit Type Purchased from State Parks Purchased from Retail Vendor Purchased Online
One-Day $25 $28 $25
Seasonal $50 $53 $50
Special-Groomed Trail $70 $73 $70

A $3 handling fee is charged when Sno-Park permits are purchased from retail locations.

Snowmobile registration

Vehicles using Sno-parks for snowmobiling are required to purchase a Sno-Park permit. In addition, all snowmobiles must be registered through the Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) or a licensing agent.

Registration is not required for snowmobiles owned and operated by the United States, another state, or a political subdivision thereof.

A snowmobile owned by a resident of another state or Canadian province is exempt if that snowmobile is registered under in state or province the owner resides in.  You will still need to buy a  permit to park at a Sno-Park. Snowmobiles that are registered in another state or province but physically located in Washington for a period of more than fifteen consecutive days must register.

Snowmobile registrations are valid Oct. 1 through Sept. 30. The fee is $50 and includes one Sno-Park permit and one decal for the snowmobile. The Sno-Park permit must be affixed to the towing vehicle the lower left corner of the driver side windshield. 


Contact Us

Department Winter Recreation
Phone 360-902-8684