Sage brush covered hills with bridge crossing highway

Real Property Agreements

Permits, Easements, and Leases

Property owned and managed by State Parks is in demand. State Parks’ properties often hold considerable value to neighboring private landowners who need to cross parkland for utilities or to access their property. The Commission controls access to waterfront, mountain tops, transportation and utility routes, and scenic views. Also, most parks possess significant resources, such as right-of-way corridors, valuable materials, and buildings or facilities that lend themselves to a variety of commercial uses. Like most other large public or private sector landowners, State Parks is receptive to requests to cross or otherwise use its property and will cooperate in managing those uses.

How to Request a Real Property Agreement:

To request private use of parklands, proponents must first submit an application for a real property agreement (RPA). Please email