Sage brush covered hills with bridge crossing highway

Motorized Trail Use Permit

Permits currently on file with Washington State parks for motorized use of long-distance trails.

By policy, the agency posts second-party proposals for using long-distance trails (formerly known as rail lines).  Available for a variety of motorized uses, but typically are granted for agricultural use, for periods of five years. To review current permit online, select from the documents listed.

To comment on current permits on file, please contact the State parks real estate program by email or call (360) 902-8656. Comments will be accepted for two weeks from the date of posting.