Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Welcome to Parks' Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) December 2022 Pro-Equity Anti-Racism (PEAR) work
State Parks is currently recruiting interested parties to serve on the PEAR Team.
To apply to join the PEAR team, submit a PEAR interest form by Feb 3, 2023.
To learn more about PEAR, you can attend one of our virtual information sessions below. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Thursday, Jan 19 from 10-11 am
- Monday, Jan 23 from 5-6 pm
What is a PEAR Team?
Like other state agencies, Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission is establishing a Pro-Equity Anti-Racism (PEAR) Team and developing a Pro-Equity Anti-Racism Plan. The PEAR Team will be composed of internal agency staff and external community members and partners dedicated to advancing DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) across the State Parks agency. For more information about PEAR and Executive Order 22-04, click here.
What will the PEAR Team do?
- Guide development of the agency’s PEAR strategic action plan
- Participate in an Equity Impact Review (EIR) of agency key business lines
- Contribute to annual PEAR assessment
- Collaborate and engage in DEI Learning as a group
What is the time commitment? 4-6 hours a month.
- Monthly 2-hour PEAR team meetings
- 2-4 hours individual and small group meetings, project/committee work (TBD)
- We ask that PEAR team members commit to serving for at least one full year term
What is a key business line?
Key business lines are major categories of products or services your agency offers. Business lines serve a particular business need or a particular customer or employee transaction. For example: Budget; Human Resources; Reservations, Communications, Information Technology, etc. PEAR team members will review agency business lines and help identify priorities and next steps to promote equitable outcomes for employees, visitors and other partners and communities.
I’m interested, but I’m not sure I have the time. I want to stay in the know. How do I stay involved?
Send us a email at email@example.com and we will connect with you!
If you’d like to join our DEI mailing list, share a comment or question or would just like to get in touch with us to learn more, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!