Tidepool research

Scientific Research Permit

The diverse resources within Washington State Parks offer a variety of research opportunities. Conducting research in a state park requires a research permit.

To conduct research, survey or collect any natural resource at a Washington State Park, you must complete and submit the Scientific Research Permit Application.

Before starting, please read the application instructions (PDF, 41KB). The form must be filled out in one session, and the instructions let you know the information you will need.

A minimum of four to six weeks is required to process Scientific Research Permits, and an application fee is necessary to cover agency processing costs.

For more information, please email Parks Stewardship at parks.stewardship@parks.wa.gov.