Lake Sammamish Sunset Beach Construction
Lake Sammamish State Park is getting a much-needed renovation at Sunset Beach. This heavily used day-use area will have improved ADA access trails, an upgraded event space, new picnic shelters, and small covered shelters near the playground for caregivers to observe the play area.
- Location: Lake Sammamish State Park
- Estimated start date: May 2023
- Estimated end date: 2024
The project renovates the upland portion of the Sunset Beach area with new plantings and improvements to the parking area. Although weather dependent, the redevelopment and restoration project will be completed in 2024.
The park and its concessions will remain open for the duration of construction. However, we recommend taking extra time to plan your trip before you visit. There will be limited parking and a reduced number of picnic areas while construction is occurring.
Please sign up for alerts and check our Lake Sammamish webpage for the latest project updates.
- Replacement of the Sunset Beach “Creek Shelter” with a new shelter
- Improvement to the concrete path to “Creek Shelter”
- Extend the concrete path from “Creek Shelter” to a new ADA accessible picnic area
- A new shelter near the older playground between Sunset Beach and Tibbetts Beach
- A new medium-sized shelter next to the playground (perfect for birthday parties!)
- Two small, covered areas inside the playground’s fenced area
Trail access Information:
- Most main trails will remain open.
- Proceed with caution, paved pathway from the Tibbets Beach Area of the park to the Sunset Beach area is open.
As part of the matching grant, Friends of Lake Sammamish State Park purchased and planted eight replacement trees. We appreciate the chance to provide additional trees, after hazard trees were removed.