Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Find a Park
Rent a place
Things to do
Find it fast
Select a Category
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Paragliding registration - Steptoe Butte
Sign in to Save Progress
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
Registration for paragliding and hang gliding
You must print a copy of this form and have it with you when you use a paraglider or hang glider at a state park.
City, State, Zip Code
Rules & regulations
Must comply with FAA controlled airspace restrictions.
• No flying over any congested area of a city, town or settlement;
• No flying over any open-air assembly of persons;
• May not enter controlled airspace without prior authorization from the controlling authority;
Must comply with visual flight requirements as outlined in AIM and CFR.
• Code of Federal Regulations Title 14 Part 103 – ultralight vehicles;
• Code of Federal Regulations Title 14 Part 91.155(c) – Basic visual flight requirements (VFR) weather minimums;
• Aeronautical Information Manual – Chapter 3. Airspace, airspace defined.
Washington State Park rules, WAC 352-32-130 – Use of aircraft in Washington state parks
• Comply with the registration process provided for such purposes;
• Observe all applicable laws and regulations, including Washington State Park rules;
• Never destroy or disturb park facilities, natural features, or historical or archaeological resources;
• Conduct themselves with thoughtfulness, courtesy and consideration for others, and not interfere with other recreational activities;
• Conduct themselves in compliance with the following basic safety regulations:
• Comply with specific site operational restrictions that are posted;
• Fly in a manner consistent with the pilot rating held;
• Preplanned landings should be made in areas no smaller than 40 feet wide by 100 feet long;
• Make preflight checks of weather, equipment and site conditions;
• Observe all published traffic and right of way flight guidelines, including yielding right of way to all aircraft;
• Wear protective clothing, headgear, Coast Guard-approved flotation gear, reserve parachute, supplemental oxygen and communication equipment as appropriate for conditions;
• Fly in a manner that does not create a hazard for other persons or property;
• Fly only during daylight hours, or hours otherwise specified by posting at the site;
• Do not fly over congested areas of parks or open air assembly of persons;
• Fly only in designated areas of parks;
• Fly with visual reference to the ground surface at all times;
• Do not tether paragliders or hang gliders to the ground or other stable non-movable object;
• Do not fly while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
I have read and understand the summary of rules for use of paragliders or hang gliders in state parks.
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
Adventure Awaits Blog
Calendar of events & meetings
Marketing Contest Official Rules
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow