Do I have to wait six weeks before I can operate a motorboat?
Boaters who have completed a National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) course and passed the course exam may operate a motorboat for up to 60 consecutive days with a dated Certificate of Course Completion. It is recommended that boaters immediately apply for their Boater Education Card after completing a course.

Show All Answers

1. Am I required to carry a Boater Education Card to operate all types of boats?
2. Who is exempt from having a Boater Education Card?
3. What do I need to qualify for a Boater Education Card?
4. How much does a Boater Education Card cost?
5. How can I get my Boater Education Card?
6. When will I receive my Boater Education Card?
7. Do I have to wait six weeks before I can operate a motorboat?
8. Is the Boater Education Card a license?
9. Is there a fine for not having a Boater Education Card in my possession when operating a motorboat?
10. Is my Boater Education Card good in other states and Canada that have mandatory boating education requirements?
11. Is an Oregon Boater Education Card valid in Washington?
12. Is there any reason to get a Boater Education Card if I am not required?
13. What do I do if my Boater Education Card is lost or damaged?
14. What is the history of the Boating Safety Education Bill?