Goldendale Observatory Project
PLEASE JOIN US FOR THE GOLDENDALE OBSERVATORY PROJECT CELEBRATION!
Goldendale Observatory, built in 1973 and a Washington State Park since 1981, has been reimagined during a three-phase capital project upgrade.
The refurbished facility offers a much larger public space and substantially upgraded equipment.
Join representatives from local communities, State Parks, and elected officials at the Goldendale Observatory Project Celebration in Goldendale Washington on April 7, 2022 at 3 p.m. Further details provided below
Watch the Goldendale Celebration Ceremony on TVW!
Click THIS LINK to watch the broadcast of the celebration ceremony on TVW.
The event will be held indoors and out at Goldendale Observatory: 1602 Observatory Road, Goldendale WA
- Once within Goldendale city limits, turn onto East Broadway St / Rt 142
- (Look for the 76 Station)
- Proceed for 1 mile into town.
- At flashing traffic signal, turn right onto N Columbus Ave.
- Proceed North for half mile.
- Follow Observatory signage and keep right onto Observatory Drive.
- Observatory is at top of hill. Stay on paved road.
♦ A link to Google Maps driving directions to the observatory is included on this page. Scroll down on mobile.
PLEASE NOTE: Parking at the observatory is limited. Please anticipate alternative parking at Goldendale High School with complimentary shuttle service to the park. Parking shuttle will start at 2:0D0 PM .
The celebration will be held regardless of weather. Please anticipate a variety of weather conditions including wind, rain, and cold and dress accordingly.
Speaker addresses begin at 3 p.m. and will last about 40 minutes. Sun viewing via specially-filtered telescopes will be provided, weather-permitting. Bottled water, snacks and pastries will be served.
Restrooms will be available and accessible from the parking lot.
Other things to remember
- The 9 p.m. observatory evening show will proceed as normal.
- Pets must be on a leash and kept outdoors.
- Drone photography will NOT be permitted.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU!