Deception Pass State Park is a 4,134-acre marine and camping park with 77,000 feet
of saltwater shoreline, and 33,900 feet of freshwater shoreline on three lakes on beautiful
Whidbey Island. Rugged cliffs drop to meet the turbulent waters of Deception Pass. The park
is known for its breath-taking views, old-growth forests and abundant wildlife.
The Ben Ure Cabin at Deception Pass is on Ben Ure Island near Cornet Bay,
with views of Puget Sound and Mount Baker. Access is only by beachable human-powered watercraft
such as a kayak or rowboat. The modern cabin is 12-by-24 feet in size and features a large deck
overlooking the water, as well as a picnic table, fully furnished electric kitchen, queen size futon,
electric heat, lights, bathroom and outdoor shower. Visitors
must take along their own drinking water to the site.
Maximum capacity: Maximum two people
2013 Rental fee: $91 (plus tax) per night year round.
Reservations for yurts, cabins and platform tents:
Unless otherwise noted above, reservations may be made
year round online
or by calling (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688.
Reservations may be made nine months in advance of the arrival date. The rental fee and a $6.50 to $8.50 non-refundable
reservation fee must be paid in full at the time a reservation is made. This holds the yurt, cabin or platform tent until
1 p.m. on the day after the first reserved night.
or call (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688 as soon as possible.
- Washington State Parks pass discounts do not apply to yurts, cabins, platform tents, teepees,
vacation houses or other roofed overnight accommodations.
- Smoking is not allowed in yurts, cabins, platform tents or teepees.
- Pets are only permitted in designated yurts/cabins.
- Cooking is not allowed in yurts, platform tents or teepees. Cooking is allowed only in cabins with kitchenettes.
- Bed linens are not provided in yurts, cabins, platform tents or teepees. Campers must bring their own linen and blankets.
Return to main Yurts and Cabins page.