The following free winter recreation publications are available at the addresses listed below
and also may be ordered by mail through the Winter Recreation Program.
- Cross-Country Ski Sno-Parks (free): a directory of non-motorized sports Sno-Parks (does not include trail maps). (PDF)
- Enjoying Washington's Fragile Winter Wildlife (free): a guide to enjoying and protecting Washington wildlife in winter. (PDF)
- Snow Avalanches (free): basic principles for avoiding and surviving snow avalanches.
- Snowmobile Sno-Parks (free): a directory of snowmobile Sno-Parks (does not include trail maps). (PDF)
- Washington State Snowmobile Regulations (free): a guide to Washington's snowmobile regulations. (PDF)
- Your Snowmobile Dollars at Work (free): a guide to how snowmobile dollars support the sport. (PDF)
- Wilderness Areas where Snowmobiles are Prohibited (free): A guide to Wilderness Areas in the state. (PDF)
- Cross-Country Ski Sense (free): Tips to make cross-country skiing more enjoyable. (PDF)
- Avalanche Safety (free): A guide from the Alaska Mountain Safety Center
Where to Obtain Publications
- Winter Recreation Program
c/o Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
1111 Israel Road S.W.
Olympia, WA 98504-2650
- Northwest Region Headquarters
220 N. Walnut St.
Burlington, WA 98233
- Eastern Region Headquarters
270 Ninth Street N.E., Suite 200
East Wenatchee, WA 98802
- Conconully State Park
Conconully, WA 98819
- Fields Spring State Park
992 Park Rd.
Anatone, WA 99401
- Lake Easton State Park
(one mile east of exit 70 on I-90)
Easton, WA 98925
- Lake Wenatchee State Park
21588-A Hwy. 207
Leavenworth, WA 98826
- Mount Spokane State Park
N. 21607 Mt. Spokane Park Dr.
Mead, WA 99021