Whether you're looking for outdoor adventure or a quiet retreat from the world,
you'll find it in one of Washington's extraordinary state parks.
Promotions, packages and price breaks offered for a limited time.
Park projects in the planning stages or currently underway.
What sort of getaway sounds good to you? A hike through a timeless forest?
Bass fishing in sunny Eastern Washington? Maybe you'd like to spend a few days
in a lighthouse keepers' residence beside the Pacific Ocean while waves pound the beach below.
Just a Taste of What Waits For You
- 74 places to launch your boat.
- More than 50 places to play in the winter snow.
- 21 marine parks accessible only by water.
- Cabins, yurts and historic houses you can rent overnight.
- Ancient old-growth forests.
- Spectacular waterfalls.
- Unspoiled tidal marshes.
- Wide-open sagebrush desert.
- Winter recreation including cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
- Clamming and crabbing at dozens of beaches.
- Swimming and boating at more than 30 lakeside or riverfront parks.
- Fishing on dozens of lakes and rivers.
- Rock-climbing on soaring sandstone spires.
- Windsurfing in the Columbia Gorge.
- Stargazing at Goldendale Observatory, far from city lights.
- Weird and fantastic geological formations.
- Prehistoric rock shelters and paintings.
- Pioneer homesteads, Victorian houses and fascinating old forts.